Installation - As easy to lay Vinyl Floor as ABC
PREPARING Preaparing your floor?
Vinyl flooring must be laid on a perfectly smooth and level floor. If the floor is damaged, take extra care in the preparation.
- Concrete floors : remove all dust. Fill any cracks and rub down any uneven patches. If required, apply a screed to fully level the floor.
- Old tiling : remove any loose tiles and fill the spaces with concrete. Scrub the floor with detergent before applying a screed to ensure a perfectly flat surface.
- Old laminate flooring : ensure that it has been firmly stuck down. If not, take it up.
You will need:
Spatula Trimming knife
Semi-free installation: double-sided adhesive tape
Fixed installation: a finely serrated spatula, strong acrylic glue
HOW TO LAY your Event floor?
The day before fitting, unroll your flooring in the room where it is to be laid and leave for 24 hours at room temperature.
- If your home has underfloor heating, turn it off preferably 24 hours (including preparation time) before fitting the floor.
- Cover the entire surface of the room leaving a 5 cm excess at the base of the walls. Joints can be made in two ways:
By laying the edges side by side;
By overlapping the edges and cutting to fit
- Follow the direction of laying (in general, the lengths are reversed).
- Try not to leave any gaps at the joints or lay the edges too tightly together (this may result in unsticking over time).